Friday, November 11, 2005

Why blow up the best view in Sioux Falls?

I just got done watching the vtr of last nights CBS shows. {Without a Trace was really good & reminded me of a mix of Taxi Driver & Crossing Guard}

I then saw the shots that one of the KELO shooters {the guy/gal with the camera}, did from the top of the Zip Feed mill did the other day & edited into a montage.

WOW!!!! I forgot how impressive the view is from up there. I would inject photos to this as I type, but I am now realizing the BIGGEST reason I was/am so opposed to that area being torn down to build {then} an "events center", and {now} "fruu fruu, pretty nice shiny object, it will benefit all of the people", complex that only will benefit "the people" that own, or are leveraging out others that own the land around the area.
.
READ:
..... 'You may own it now, but we will condemn your properties, and if you do not sell to us, we will go after your personal/business image until we can buy it out through eminent domain, and you will end up penniless, bitch!'.....

POINT A - The events center, Ok, it ties into the Phillips to the falls bullshit.
  1. Yeah, lets put a venue that will supposedly draw many thousands of people to the downtown area to pump up the business and draw attention to the downtown area.
    1. The only problem is that 98% of said businesses CLOSE AT 5:15pm {ok we got people to the area, they can still window shop}
    2. The whole area stinks of either the stockyards, stock rendering, or the place they make hot dogs & other meat products
  2. We will be replacing the current arena in central S.F. as a venue for major national acts by having a larger venue, thus larger capacity=larger attendance.
    1. Does anyone remember the 'Block 11' project? If you don't, it was an offer to build a major multi-use complex in the downtown area. Short sighted dipshits caused it to not happen here. You know what did happen? It became the Rushmore Centre out in Rapid. And for the last twenty+ years Sioux Falls has been bypassed by each & every "major" act in favor of Rapid, and lately Sewer City. {P.S. Think of the Washington Pavilion as a twenty something on 'roids. That is what we could have had by now, and Sioux Falls would be a serious tour stop both band & performing arts}.
    2. Ain't gunna happen. Sioux Falls used to be blacklisted by promoters. And it may not be now, many bad memories still float down through the ranks of tour promoters and production managers.
  3. "LETS PUT A MAJOR ATTRACTION WHERE NO ONE CAN GET TO"
    1. Anyone that has lived here, and even more, anyone that has lived on the east side above 10th can tell you north of the crosstown viaduct, if there is a train, you may as well shut you car off & wait until the 3rd train passes. THE CLOSEST MAJOR ACCESS TO THERE IS A MILE AWAY!
    2. Cher, {her supposedly her last tour, but formaldahyde can work wonders}, last time through here had over 20 bus & truck vehicles. It pack the whole ass end of the current arena complex. Where the hell would they park them if they were downtown?
OK I went off on my rant. I will continue back to the original thought . . . .


We have a great thing between 6th & 8th streets on the river that you can see a ton of things more than you can as a ground dweller.

Duluth, MN turned an old bin/building like the Zip Feed building into a great tourist attraction by gutting the inside, creating many floor levels with small shops, and a great view of everything the city had to offer inside the building as far as local product & such.

But they did not destroy the things around that building. And that is what makes downtown Duluth so great. They instilled the visitor with the history of what that city was, is, and will be.

I would advise anyone that has ever been to Duluth, or even Lincoln, NE, if you somehow come through Sioux Falls, SD. Please.

Stop in at the "commerce centre" @ 8th & Phillips, walk into the chamber of commerce office & tell them how they are:

...butt fucking, ass licking, goat buggering, rat humping, pus pissing, lactating lloyd licking, "let's ignore the eastside", inbreed, disowned redneck, male{or female} gay transexualite multisexual, bigamistic, polytheastic, dirty leaderhosen wearing, dunham diving, greedy, asexual, bukakke swallowing, prepubescent, anal ripping fist fucking {no I didn't forget the comma}, cherry popping, bitch slapping, Dietrich blowing, Anita bryant, DV-DA, choadaboy, goat fucking, bestial bitch, carpet munching, mutant, "oh wait, the eastsiders have money! lets destroy them & make even more money!! Mah whoo wah ha ha", bitches in heat, large nippled, saggie breasted, corn holing, twinkie creaming, star wars wookie, sperm burping techno slut.

Then turn around & walk out the door. . . . . . They will think you are a freak


If you get two or more people to do this with you, they will think you are all transients from under the bridge next door.

If you get several dozen people to do this, they will suspect a revolt from the several shelters that are being forced out.

If you get a bunch of people with walkers, they will know the senior citizens from across the street & down the block are pissed. And they have great sniper positions, and the WHOLE BUILDING covered. {beware of the red dots}

But . . . If we all get together & do this at the same time.


They probably will send us down the hall to sit on the group W bench.

Then again, we can all go in & state the fact that we cannot lose such an icon as the Zip Feed Mill Building that would cost millions to replace the view from the top.

And on that note, it is getting close to thanksgiving. Anyone else want to goto Alice's?

Blessed Be, & enjoy the view while we still have it

Dr. Strangelove

p.s. For those that have taken offence to the language used in this post. I am not sorry that I did this, I just wanted to make sure it gets as many hits as possible by using many of the most frequently searched words & terms, I.E. smutty stuff.

But I am, & will ever be partial of "Sperm Burping Techno Slut". I heard it over ten years ago & it still makes me giggle & smile. And sometimes blow beer & milk through my nose.

Dr. S.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I pissed off the powers that be with this post. I got home last night / this morning. I went to check my mail & stuff & realized I could access the internet, but not get on to it. I then tried to get on the 'net using my dial up.

AAAAGHHHH WRONG ANSWER!!! Or should I say no answer, or no dial tone.

I think Dunham & Lloyd & the others are plotting to take me down because of how much I know & how loud I bitch to the people that matter at times. {Arnold's park is not a condo yet . .}

All the same, if I were to wake up to the pounding on the door by some of the female members of the triad of land barons of Sioux Falls.

I would go "GIGGIDY GIGGIDY GIGGIDY GIGGIDY! Ms & Miss's, I got a tower for you to blow. up.

ttfn. Dr. S.