Wednesday, January 25, 2006

This scares me, it REALLY REALLY SCARES ME!

I just got home & was watching CBS while my VTR rewinds when this story came up.

<{click the story below}>

Furor Over Targeting Of Liberal Profs

Now, I consider this as a total affront to the whole university learning system.

So I sit in a poly-sci. class & have to listen & study under a prof. that has a total 180 degree opinion of what I believe in. I can make $100 recording & gathering evidence of this instructors skewed view of life as I see it, mien furor posts it on the 'net, and wham bam thank ya' mam, this person is out of a job.

No tenure, no severance, no reference, and no career afterwards.

Just because of some pigheaded bastard did not agree with them.

Am I wrong in opinion that going to college is supposed to be a learning experience? Are not students expected to learn from discovery? And is not discovery one of the things that comes from finding something that you question, challenging it, and then finding out what is truth and/or bullshit after delving into the challenge & reaching opinion. It is called using independent thought.

THAT, MY FRIENDS, IS HOW YOU LEARN.

I scares me that some disgruntled rightwing twat of a loser is offering a bounty for turning in the instructors @ UCLA for "liberal thinking & liberal actions". WTF!!! Did I fall asleep last night & Sen. McCarthy was cross cloned with Hitler?

Most of you out there know if Timothy Leary, the Chicago Seven, or other liberal factions tried this, all hell would break loose & there would be wire taps, swat teams, and a butt load legal problems / jail time just for mentioning something remotely like this.

As a former educator {grad school}, it is appalling that anyone could do this. Then again up until a few weeks ago we all thought that people could not record phone calls without consent.

Actually I am more than scared. I am disappointed, disgusted, torqued off, confused, and severely aghast of how something like this could be allowed to happen.

And this is supposed to be the land of the free, the land of open acceptance, the land of open minds,

The land that shall not oppress.

Blessed be all, and please try to be nice to each other.

Dr. Strangelove

No comments: