Monday, October 18, 2004

35 hrs 12 min to go till the big 19 of 21!

For those surfing in, I will be celebrating my 19th anniversary of turning 21 on Weds.

If you subscribe to the right-wing "moment of life" tripe of the so-called pro-lifers, {we can't kill 'em before they can survive by them self, but damnit, if they do anything to piss us off after leaving the womb hook the MF-up to the chair & throw the switch}, ideology, I turned 40 back in February.
Try passing that one off at the bar, courtroom, or the DMV.
Sorry, had to get that one out.
But at 3:12 CST, {Chicago Sortof Time}, the 20 October, 1964, is when I, my MOTHER, FATHER, GRANDPARENTS, AND THE ATTENDING DOCTORS MADE THE CALL:

THEN I came to life. Not negotiable, not transferable, and definitely not returnable or recyclable. {we didn't have that in 1964}. Offer might not be valid in some states or provinces, check your game piece for sweepstakes rules......

So I am named after a stupid grocery window ad for apples my father saw on the way to the hospital. - - - B>F>D!!!!
Forty year later, I still love my family, {one exception}, love my friends, and love being blessed with the strange crap I have seen & experienced. However much I will sometimes bitch.

I apologize in advance to my friends in New Zealand & Jakarta that I could not get you tickets to fly into wonderful SFX, but I am a tad bit strapped right now, {Not what you are thinking}, For the gathering. It's pheasant hunting season here. You will all be on my mind all the same.

Blessed Be, Dr. Strangelove

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the age advancement record, I know I have to deal with that again in about seven months but I can sure wait.

You can thank Led for the directions here, I had no idea that there was anything here but after turning on the lights I saw the coffee table.

Make sure you have a few drinks tonight before settle down at the bar, you don't want to stress yourself in your old age.

-Blue