Saturday, July 23, 2005

Movie Reviews of 2005 #15 - The Devil's Rejects

WELL . . .

PREFACE: Shot very true to the "70's" film style down to the cheap whip-pans, & bad wipe transitions. And the film stock/processing visually, it looked like something shot mid to late 70's. Unfortunately the stylization carried over to the writing of a seventh grade football player struggling for a grade in English lit. class.

AND ON THAT NOTE . . .

I have to start this off by saying that I have not seen House of 1000 Corpses. And after seeing this movie, I might consider doing so. But if it was as poorly writen & directed as Devil's Rejects, I will wait until I find some copy of it lying in the street next to a dumpster & have someone else waste the time & power to play it on the TV.

YES, it is gory
YES, it is creepy
YES, you will see more titties, {and bush, not george}, in this movie than you have seen in the last year & a half on the 'big screen'
YES, if you are a fan of the "f-word", you will lose count almost immediately once the dialog starts.

NO, it is not a scary movie
NO, anyone under 27 should not be allowed - {seriously this should have been NC-17}
NO, this is not a date movie
NO, {voice of Mr. Horse from Ren & Stimpy}:
.
.
"Nope, Don't like it, Don't like it at all"
However I did actually like parts of it. There were a few scenes that were memorable, {at least for an hour after the movie}. And a ton of unexpected gore, blood, & new / improved ways of killing people.

But the only thing that sticks in my head is the opening scene in the woods. In order to not spoil it for those who get free passes. {trust me, wait until pay per view, & have someone else order it}, All I can say is:

I hope that they cleared that whole area of branches, sticks, & small twigs.

Blessed Be,
The Reverend Dr. S.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh it wasnt that bad!!@!