Monday, September 25, 2006

Good Bye Uncle Jim

I was just woke up by a phone call from my mother. The tone of her voice on the ans. machine forced me to roll over & pick up the line. I then found out that my Uncle Jim {my dad's sisters husband}, died in a plane crash yesterday.

I will try to say more later, but right now I can barely type more less think straight. the story is below.

Metro man killed in Wisconsin plane crash

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with my dad. My Aunt Joyce is doing ok for the time & situation. He told me that Jim was heading up to see a friend that was a bit under the weather & that the reason that Joyce didn't go with him was that she wanted to stay home to watch the Bears / Vikings game. Being from Hammond, IN. as I & almost all of my paternal side of my family, but living in the twin cities for so long..... I don't know who she was rooting for.

But that game saved her life.

Blessed Be, and I;m sorry I can;t think anything witty right now.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Hey John, I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. I had heard about the plane crash on national news - I'm sorry it was someone within a few short degrees of separation. I hope everyone is doing alright considering. Take care.

- Aaron Burman

Dr.Strangelove said...

Thanks Aaron.