Monday, July 09, 2007

What the hell is a panini anyway?

Ok, some of you know my ravaging blood-lust against the politically correct bullshit that currently controls our lives.

Yet another thing that PISSES ME OFF to no extent is yuppie-bitch-marketing people, [not you Mr. Middlebrow], that make up a new fancy way to describe an old thing.

After careful & deep research I found out that Panini is just another way of saying......
A GRILLED SANDWICH!

Nothing more, nothing less. A couple chunks of bread, meat, cheese, and grill. THAT IS IT!

I did not know as a child, and continuing through the years of college, every time my mother, friend, or myself, made a grilled ham & cheese. We were making a 'gourmet delicacy'.

So cut the crap marketing people. Call a grilled sandwich, a fucking grilled sandwich!

And save us the cost of the bullshit ads that jack the goddamn price up of said sandwich.

Because I know many people that would rather pick up & eat a grilled cheese sandwich for $.50 than spend $5.00+ for the same damn thing that is called a name that nobody really understands.

Ohhh, wait, I finally see the ploy now. Not many people know what panini means, they just know it is trendy & that they gotta have it. Now it makes sense.

Blessed Be, And now I'm gonna go grill myself a panini on my George Forman waffle grille.
{note the 'e' on the end of grill? It makes it more trendy}
Dr. S.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! you pissed off this Italian!!! Revenge is in order.. Leah :)

Mr. Middlebrow said...

Not to twist your knickers tighter, but do you know what you say when you want a grilled ham and cheese sandwich in Italy?

"Un toast, per favore."

Mmmm...irony.