Thursday, February 09, 2006

Movie review #30 - THIS MOVIE IS NOT YET RATED

Yes, I know it has been a while since I did the movie review thing, but I was impressed.
And as I watch various crap from the pablum approved from the MPAA to which there is a willy nilly way of grading what Americans can, and cannot watch,

I am really nauseous.

This Movie Is Not Yet Rated is something I think every movie-goer should see. It makes a good point of how arbitrary the MPAA rating system is, and how that noone knows who these people are that make these decisions.

It also bring a good point of how Indie films when being rated get a generic response on how to improve the movies rating by what to cut.

While 'studio backed' films get a very specific list of what to edit out to improve the standing.

The MPAA rating is totally arbitrary, the ratings group are supposed to be parents of teens & preteens, but majority of them are:
  • Divorced with no custody
  • Divorced with NO children
  • Have no children to begin with
  • Or, they have kids. But they are in their 20's & 30's
And these are the people that decide what is a go or no-go for your teens or pre-teens from the high throne of morality.

So, in closing, I highly recommend that if you enjoy movies, you watch this film.

And if you cannot find a copy, I will burn you one. [read big double middle fingers to the aforementioned Illuminati-istic group.

Blessed Be, burn & share.
Dr. S.

No comments: