Sunday, November 05, 2006

It is things like this that I am voting NO ON #6

I came accross this story in the Argus Leader & I know many other people with simular stories.
The link is below my post. You can click that, or the title line above.

I have long been a supporter of women's rights. One of them is that if they need to make a choice about serious things like having an abortion, it should be the woman's choice. Not some sixty-five year old man hundreds or thousands of miles away.

Myself, I do not believe abortion as a convenience. But if something occurred to my mother, wife, girlfriend, or any other woman in my life, and THEY made that choice.

I would want them to be safe. If something happened, I would want them to be somewhere that can take care of things, & if not get her somewhere that can.

If abortion is banned, [which So. Dak. will lose MILLIONS of dollars in court over], women who have the means to travel will go somewhere that it is legal. While those that are not that privileged, will be going to underground hiding places & getting it done unprofessionally, unclean, unsafe, and if something goes wrong.

There will not be a single thing to help them.

Keep in mind folks that China used to force families to have abortions to limit the population. #6 is just the opposite.

If #6 gets passed, and [big if], survives the lawsuit. Call up Roger Hunt & ask him if he can babysit your kids. Or, for that matter, any of our SD "representatives" that voted for this bill.

$100.00 says they won't.

Published Nov, 1, 2006 by the Sioux Falls Argus Leader Written by: The Rev. George E. Parmeter, 60, rector of Grace Episcopal Church of Huron - but writing as an individual.

Blessed Be, Dr. Strangelove


No comments: