Sunday, September 30, 2007

So, you wanna see something REALLY SCARY?!?!

I saw this & thought back to when I was working for 'Disco On Wheels', when I got sent out to babysit the kelo dj's. But there was one night I had to drive & setup a gig for some dance at either Harrisburg or Canton, and the DJ, Wally Wingert, {who now does a butt-load of voice work, [i.e. Family Guy], & other stuff, and is still a good friend of mine}, and myself had both just seen the movie

"Twilight Zone"

[UPDATE 07.10.14: Thanks to 'The Mut', I corrected the movie from "Tales from the crypt"]
So, to top it off I had an aluminum splint on my wrist like a bad captain hook & Wally was dressed in all leather. For the whole night during the gig we referred to each other as "Aluma-Man & Leather Lad".

Mind you, Wally doesn't imbibe in anything, and I was totally dry. {yes, there was a time that I was responsible}

And as the night closed, & we bundled up all of the gear back into the truck, & we hit the highway to head home.

Imagine a full moon that you can drive & see EVERYTHING. It was a "I wear my sunglasses at night . . . . " moment.

We are still chatting back & forth about various things, and then it happened.

Headlights about two miles away.

I turned to Wally and asked "Do you want to see something really scary?'
He picked up on where I was going, and we both went into movie mode. Dialog & everything.

So here we are driving down a rural 2-lane highway, in a box-truck that has no equal for forward lights, {I forgot to mention that our boss rigged the panel van with a light package that would impress/blind people, why?, just because}, and there is someone coming at us.

So, I shut off the headlights, & there was mention of 'there might be nun's out there!!!', 'rocks must have taken out the headlights', etc.

As we got closer, I flipped the switches for the auxiliary lights, and turned them all on at about 3/4 of a mile. And by our guess, the car left close to a 150 yard skid track.

That made our night.

So anyway, now on with the show:

Do not watch this if you are tripping on anything, 'Cause it might warp your mind, curve your spine, and may help to lose the war for the allies'. {George Carlin}
But it is still cool.



Blessed be the artists that can have the forethought, patience, {thirteen hours}, to do things like this.


Dr. Strangelove

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad that line is from Twilight zone the movie.