Saturday, August 13, 2005

Work, love, ice, & beer. And an apology

Some of you know that I have been conscripted to working performances since the mid 70's. My latest venture is a fledgling group that is still in the first season, and it will take some time but, it actually may get out of the little nest in the attic of a barn. And may be able to live on its own.

That aside, we closed our show tonight & packed all of the props & crap that we had. Put most of the art pieces back in place. After stuffing 47 chairs back into storage, me pulling the cables for my lights & speakers, and what not, I got asked to go & "have a drink" across the street.

"WTF? You got some balls to ask me that right now" Was my 1st thought, then I came out out of my *show mode*, got my shit packed in the car, grabbed a smoke, considered going to my job on the other end of town and then said to myself .

What the Fuck. Time to play nice.

Even though I originally thought the script {Bevis voice: Sucked more than anything has ever sucked before}, and many people that I showed the original script to concurred.

However now the show is done & gone, I now can say this:

I knew something was there. Otherwise my ass would have been glowing hotter than the shuttle on re-entry from how fast I would have been running away from the project.

I must apologize to Terri & Duncan. I was playing devils advocate just to piss you off & push you and the minions that you had to deal with into getting the shit straight and spot on,

just to prove me wrong.

And It Worked.

Blessed Be ,
and don't crack your marble. ;-}>
Dr. S.