Sunday, February 04, 2007

I can't sleep, I have MIDWAY MADNESS

T-MINUS EIGHT HOURS:
I am watching CBS Sunday morning. I am happy that I still have my father who will be watching the Bears & Colts fight it out in the Super Bowl.

But I wish my Grandfather Chalma was still around to see the Bears get this far. {And possibly beat the snot out of the former Baltimore Colts}.

Which brings to when 'DA BEARS won the play-offs. I was at my favorite pub, the game ended, and I had to call my dad to see if saw the game. Both he & I were born, & are from Hammond Indiana. So I was at an impass of if the Colts won, who should I cheer for?

Beings that where we were born & the family house is several hundred yards from South Chicago, but actually from Indiana, there was an odd convolution of who to side with.

But after asking my father about this he quickly reminded me of how the Colts came to Indiana. They left Baltimore in the middle of the night. Without warning eight moving vans pulled up & packed all of the teams gear & stuff, and disapeared into the night. Thus......

They are not an Indiana team, because true Hoosiers would not do something like that.

So I will remain a Chicago Bears fan as I have for many years through good & bad. {Unlike many of the purple shirted butt-munchers that have no loyalty when the 'queens [more often than not] suck ass}.

I just wish my Grand Father was still alive to see The Bears play this game.

That, and I wish I could get some sleep before the game.

Blessed Be, GO BEARS!!!,

& if you are near Sioux Falls this afternoon come up to Willys. We will have a tonne of food, & a tonne of fun!

Dr. S.

No comments: